The following list is a guideline for providing a respectful and therapeutic environment:
- Electronics such as cellphones, tablets, laptops, and iPods.
- Toiletries such as aerosol/pressurized cans, dental floss, Q-tips, metal combs, picks, bar soap, nylon body scrubbers, perfume, cologne or scented body spray, nail polish, nail polish remover, hairdryers, hair curlers, hair straighteners, makeup with mirrors and/or shaving items.
- Food items such as candy, snacks or drinks of any kind.
- Prohibited Clothing items that advertise alcohol, drugs or gangs. Mesh shirts, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, short shorts, provocative, revealing or torn clothes. High-heeled shoes, steel-toed boots, nylons/long thin socks, clothing with metal pieces, hooks or rings, belts, shoelaces, bandanas or clothes hangers.
- Other prohibited items are electronic cigarettes/vape pens, drugs/alcohol (including rubbing alcohol and/or mouthwash with alcohol), weapons and pornographic materials. Linen from home, blankets, stuffed animals, ropes, cords, string, yarn, glass containers, plastic bags and metal spiral-bound notebooks.
Wallets, keys, purses and other valuables will be locked in the hospital safe and available at discharge.